Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Adore My Husband


I am back in Balad after a long week visiting Al Asad, Al Taqaddum, and Camp Hit. I am beat up and tired but THIS cheered me up. I had a package waiting on me when I got back to the office. Greg sent me all kinds of goodies that we love to share - gummy letters, Flammin' hot Baked Cheetos, twizzlers, and then my personal favorite (not his), Diet Mountain Dew. The best part is the note he put on each and every one of the cans that came in the box - each a different reason for loving me. I cried for the first time since leaving him over a month ago. Not that I haven't been sad but I've been able to keep the tears at bay because it's wayyyy too early in the game for me to be crying all the time. I am trying to be strong and keep it together but after a great but very tiring week outside the wire, this amazing package from my incredibly sweet husband provoked real tears. They weren't just "i miss him" tears; they were also happy tears because he made me smile when I didn't feel like smiling. I married my best friend five months ago and these cans are just a reminder that I hit the husband jackpot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww..
Try not to drink it all at once like you do at home!!!!!!

Unknown said...

that is the sweetest thing ever. greg you are awesome and i'm so glad you guys have each other. i miss you addie sooooooooooooooo much and can't wait to see you. sent you an email on your gmail acct. let me know if you didn't get it. i have to ask you something. hehe

gail said...

That's my son............He Loves Life and he Loves his wife! Will be writing a letter again soon. Have much to say. Love Gail xxoo

Anonymous said...

That is so romantic...

your cuz,
Nellie

Lindsey said...

That is just about the cutest thing ever!

smilnsigh said...

Awwwwwww... sweet entry.

Mari-Nanci