Saturday, August 25, 2007

Is She Smarter Than a 5th Grader? This Scares Me (and makes my day)

So last night as we're making dinner, we flip through the channels and see that Miss Teen USA is on the boobie tubie. I generally wouldn't be that interested in it but Greg and Paul (our new roommate who is moving in while I am away) thought it would be fun to check out the 'teens'. I think the exact quote was, "Hey Paul, Miss Teen USA is on. They do swimsuit even." Yeah, I know...but it was a Friday night and I've learned you gotta let some things go! Nothing about this little competition interested me in the least....until we got to the question portion. For the love of all that is holy....check out Miss Teen South Carolina's answer.



I've never been so grateful for Tivo in all my life. We rewinded it at least 5 times - mostly to figure out what in the world she was trying to say. I still don't understand. That poor child is never EVER going to live this down. EVER. Because of Tivo and YouTube and blogs like mine, this 30 second snippet of stupidity will haunt her FOREVER. I actually do feel bad for her. We've all said stupid things and fortunately there isn't a video trail of it. But her answer is so stupid that if she doesn't one day win the Nobel Peace Prize for geographical wizardry, she will not redeem herself. "Many US Americans...don't have maps....such as..." It's just...too much.

Whew. I'm tired from laughing. I know it's not right but I can't help it. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

smilnsigh said...

Mmmmmmmm yes. LOL.

Well, the face is pretty, but there's not much in the mind. Except how to apply makeup artfully, of course. ,-)

Mari-Nanci