Saturday, September 1, 2007

So It Begins

In less than 3 hours I am leaving to catch my flight to Fort Benning, Georgia. This time next week, according to the most recent information I've received, I will be on a plane crossing the Atlantic. And so it begins....

It's late and I'm tired. For obvious reasons I can't sleep (note that Greg isn't one to lose sleep when he's stressed....God love him but he's out like a light!) so I thought I'd write a quick update because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it from Georgia. Luckily, I don't have to say my final good-bye to Greg today. He is coming to Georgia on Tuesday to spend a few days with me. We're keeping our fingers crossed that I won't be training into the evening so that we'll have plenty of time together. Regardless, even if it's for 20 minutes a day, it's worth it. Gosh, I love my husband.

I will, however, have to say good-bye to Gumata. We've had this dog a little more than 2 months and I am so in love with her, I can't stand it!! Pets really do become your children! I mean, come on....how can you not love a dog who LOVES the beach (like her parents) and LOVES to sleep (like her parents)?




This little girl is only 9 months old and she's already close to 80lbs! When I get back, she is going to be HUGE! Gosh, I can't wait to hug her again....this is so hard. I've underestimated it for sure. More from Georgia....

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

God speed...

Mari-Nanci

ancient one said...

Our hearts and love go with you!! I never can sleep when I'm stressing either. Must run in the family, huh?