Friday, February 8, 2008

It's So Nice To Be Home

I'm not exactly home but it sure feels close. After traveling for four days, sitting in Kuwait for two days, enduring a 2 hour trip to the airport in Kuwait, a 6 hour flight to Germany, a two hour layover, followed by a 10 hour flight to Atlanta, another two hour layover followed by a 2 hour flight to Dallas....I've ended up at the USO lounge at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport.

This place is fantastic. Full of wonderful people greeting us with cheers, handshakes, and patriotic salutes. They even have Diet Mt. Dew in the fridge. I'm salivating at the high speed internet. It's the little things people.

My clothes are dirty and I need a shower but I just can not wait to hop on that plane to California and hug my husband and doghter!

If you've ever thought of supporting a non-profit (other than Pros vs. GI Joes of course), the USO is a great place to do it...they make life better for troops and they're always there with a hug, handshake, and even a Diet Mt. Dew.

If you haven't guessed, I'm on my two week vaca from the sandbox. It's so great to be back in the USA!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Cuz!!!!!
Enjoy your two weeks home with your hubby and your doghter

Love ya,
Cuz
Nellie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time. Thanks for your service to this great country. Know that we pray for you...

smilnsigh said...

Yaaaaa for being home for a while.

Mari-Nanci

Mississippi Songbird said...

So glad you get to come home for a vacation.. I will be so happy when you get to go home to your family for good. God Bless you, Addie! I am praying for you and all the tropps. Thankyou so much for your service to our country!

ancient one said...

Welcome Home!! Enjoy every minute!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Are you a Model?

Renie Burghardt said...

Welcome home, Addie! Enjoy every minute back in the good old USA. And, I, too, thank you for your service to our country!

Blessings,

Renie

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Addie,
"THANK YOU, THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart for what you are doing to serve our Country. I appreciate you more than you will ever know. "WELCOME BACK HOME TO THE USA"!!!! I am coming by way of Ann's blog. I am so glad you are able to come home for a 2-week vacation. Enjoy every minute of it with your Family. I have always heard the USO was a very good place. I've seen advertisements about the USO on t.v. before. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Saluting you and the other American's who are serving our Country.
Karen H.

His Office, My Studio said...

Welcome Home!!!! Enjoy your two weeks home. You, your family and all the military and all ways in my prayers.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Happy Valentines Day!

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Greetings and blessings from a girl in New Jersey. It's pretty cold here today, but I'd imagine not as cold as it sometimes where you are. I have never done anything as admirable as you or your colleagues. I am proud to be a woman because of all of you. You are beautiful, strong and brave. God bless you, and keep you, your husband and your doghter. THANK YOU. And Thank You to our fallen heroes.

gail said...

hi Addie, I am trying to leave a comment, but as ausual I can't remember my name or password. If this gets printed I remembered! Love Gail

gail said...

Addie, Just wanted to say that it was so great to be able to talk with you while you were with greg and gumata at home. Praying for the time to go by fast and you will be home for good. Remember always that I love you and I am so proud of you. Congratulations on being honored as the years best journalist in the army reserves. That's my daughter-in-law! Love and kisses from New Jersey, Gail

QuiltingFitzy said...

My dd#3 is a reservist. She hit that same USO on her way thru last time. She got to my house and quickly set forth in making pillows and 2 quilts to donate to that USO on the way back.

Thank you to all of you for taking good care of us.